Marie Antoinette was the height of sophistication and poise; so it is only fitting that her knack for overindulgent glamour inspired these beautiful, holiday treasures. Très chic.
(1) Hermes La Danse du Cheval Marwari Scarf, $1,175, Available at Hermes; (2) Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin Starlight, Available at Christian Louboutin, $675; (3) Van Cleef and Arpels Enchanter Necklace, Price Upon Request: 1 (877) 826-25333; (4) Christian Dior Lady Dior Bag in Embroidered Black Lambskin, Available at Christian Dior, $6,500; (5) Chanel 1932 Plume Earrings in 18K White Gold and Diamonds, Available at Chanel Fine Jewelry, Price Upon Request: 1 (800) 550-0005
These über-decadent gifts are one-of-a-kind wonders that embody Mary Antoinette’s flare for the extravagant. All five artfully crafted pieces are true objects of desire fit for a queen.
1. As a rebel of fashion, Marie Antoinette strayed away from the stuffy gowns that women typically wore while riding horseback, instead, she opted for male breeches and jackets. The masculine color scheme and elegantly decorated horses of this Hermes scarf represent Marie’s passion for the sport and standing out.
2. Christian Louboutin’s limited edition nail lacquer adorned with crystals is a showstopper even before the devilish red polish touches your nails. At $675 a pop, I think the former queen of France would die for it.
3. Marie Antoinette would not be Marie Antoinette without her crown jewels; and Van Cleef and Arpels’ Enchanteur necklace would surely feel at home in her collection. It is a breathetaking piece made even more so by its intricate design and array of rich hues.
4. The Lady Dior is just that, a timeless bag meant for the most elegant of ladies. With colorful gems carefully placed in a bold floral pattern, this version is like a brilliant piece of jewelry for you to hold. Don’t you just love finding new places to wear diamonds?
5. Marie Antoinette’s most signature garment are her fabulous feather headdresses. Chanel recalls this mark on fashion history with statement earrings in the form of two gorgeous plumes dripping with diamonds.
(1) Dior 3-Book Slipcase, $75, Available at Assouline.com; (2) Ladurèe Prestige Gift Box (30 Assorted Macaroons), $75, Available at Ladurèe.com; (3) 24-Kt Gold iPhone 6 Case, $50, Available at Neiman Marcus; (4) Chanel N’ 5 Eau Premiere 50mL, $98 Available at Neiman Marcus; (5) Guerlain Meteorites Pearls Stardust Illuminating Powder, 02 Clair, $60, Available at Neiman Marcus;
These irresistible gifts have all the opulence of Versailles, and its last reigning queen, but without the price tag. Each one is a luxurious slice of French heaven for under $100 (cheers to that).
1. A novel idea: give the gift of Dior’s magnificent and stunning history told through the house’s most iconic images. Let’s be honest, it doesn’t get more “French chic” than Dior.
2. What could be a better treat for the Holidays than Ladurèe’s famed Macaroons? This gorgeous box of 30 pastry delights is comprised of Ladurèe classics like rose petal and salted caramel, but also contains seasonal favorites like chestnut and gingerbread. Bon appètit!
3. A glittering, gold phone case is a modern tribute to Versailles’ extravagant Hall of Mirrors. Adding a touch of glamour to an everyday object is sure to put a smile on an receiver’s face.
4. The scent of the season: Chanel Number 5 Eau Premiere, a refreshing take on a beloved classic. This divine fragrance is made of rich, floral notes, countered by oriental spices. Just like Marie Antoinette herself, feminine, yet bold.
5. Beauty Fanatics are crazy about Guerlain Meteorites; with good reason. Each powder pearl has special Stardust Technology to create luminous skin. To achieve this affect, the pastel hues divide and conquer: mauve and white pearls reflect light, yellow and green correct redness, and pink invigorates skin. After all, every queen needs a team of capable of beauticians.